From "Brainstorming Define & Guideline" in "The Myths of Innovation (2007 Oreilly)" book:
- Fact Finding: collecting data, information and research about "what is need to be done?"
- Idea Finding: the exploration of possibilities - free from as many constraints as possible and using ignoring facts as needed to find for ideas.
- Solution Finding: the development of promising ideas into solutions that can be applied to the world
- Produce as many ideas as possible (as many as you can, quantity over quality)
- Produce ideas as wild as possible (think different, don't follow convention)
- Build upon each other's ideas
- Avoid passing judgment